Washington DC Small Business Attorneys
Selecting the appropriate business form is an essential first step in the entrepreneurial process. The decision to organize as a limited liability company (LLC), a limited liability partnership (LLP), an “S” corporation, or another type of entity will govern the manner in which a start-up company conducts its business. The wrong decision may result in significant liability or unwanted tax consequences.
Gilman & Edwards, LLC provides a full range of legal services relating to the business formation. Our business law attorneys have extensive experience with guiding entrepreneurs through the process of business formation in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Our experienced Washington DC small business attorneys formulate the best approach tailored to fit a client’s short-term and long-term business objectives. Once the client fully understands the advantages and disadvantages of the wide range of business formation options, our Montgomery County small business attorneys move the client’s vision forward by preparing and filing the requisite organizational documents with the appropriate state agency.
Even after an entity is legally formed, clients often turn to Gilman & Edwards, LLC to further assist with the many legal issues that come up when starting a new business. We advise clients on employment matters, draft business contracts, and help clients navigate any legal hurdles that may arise in the course of business development and growth.
Gilman & Edwards, LLC offers business formation and reorganization services such as:
- Preparing and filing Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Organization
- Drafting management agreements such as Operating Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Partnership Agreements, and By-Laws
- Preparing Buy-Sell Agreements
- Completing initial filings with the Department of Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service
- Preparing Management Incentive Plans
- Preparing Stock Plans
Additionally, our Maryland business formation attorneys have substantial experience with forming:
- Single Member and Multiple Member Limited Liability Companies
- “S” Corporations and “C” Corporations
- Family-limited partnerships
- Non-Profit Organizations
At Gilman & Edwards, LLC, our lawyers are fully prepared to help your with your business formation needs. Contact us today, and let us help you get your business started on the right foot.